LIMITED WARRANTY POLICY
ZenAire (“Company”) warrants the products listed in Table 1 against failure due to defect in materials or workmanship under normal use and maintenance, subject to the term and conditions below.
Warranty Coverage: Subject to the terms and conditions contained in this Limited Warranty, as Company’s only responsibility and Purchaser’s only remedy under this Limited Warranty, Company will:
- for one (1) year from the Warranty Commencement Date, as defined below, replace the outside unit if the compressor or condenser coil fails or replace the inside unit if the evaporator coil fails (“One Year Product Replacement Coverage”), subject to the following limitations:
- a. the unit must be part of a complete system purchased and installed together; and
- b. this is a one-time coverage; if there is another similar failure during the one-year period, then the Parts Only Warranty is the only warranty coverage; or
- If the One Year Product Replacement Coverage is not available, furnish a replacement part without charge for the part only (“Parts Only Warranty”). If a Product part is not available, Company will, at its option, provide a suitable substitute part or provide a credit in the amount of the then factory selling price for a new suitable substitute part to be used by the Purchaser towards the retail purchase price of a new ZenAire product. Any new product purchase shall be at Purchaser’s sole cost and expense including, but not limited to, all shipping, removal, and installation costs and expenses.
Warranty Term: Warranty coverage begins on the date the Company sold the product to the ZenAire distributor plus 30 days (“Warranty Commencement Date”) and expires as follows:
- One Year Product Replacement Coverage expires in one year;
- For a complete, installed systems (matching ZenAire outside unit and ZenAire inside unit) that is properly registered, the Parts Only Warranty covers the compressor, condensing coil and evaporator coil for 10 years and all other components for 5 years.
- For any product that is not registered or not installed as part of a complete system (ZenAire outside unit or inside unit only), 5 years on all parts, including compressor, condensing coil and evaporator coil.
Eligibility Requirements: Warranty Coverage is subject to the following requirements:
- Owners must register their unit within 60 days of installation at www.ZenAire.com. A product that is not registered does not qualify for the One Year Replacement Coverage and the Parts Only Warranty period is limited to five (5) years.
- The Products must be in the same location where they were originally installed.
- The Products must be properly installed and maintained by a licensed HVAC service provider in accordance with the Product specifications or installation, operation, and maintenance instructions provided by Company with each Product.
- All Product parts replaced by Company under this limited warranty must be given to the servicing provider for return to Company.
- All repairs of Product parts covered under this Limited Warranty must be made with authorized service parts and by a licensed HVAC service provider.
Warranty Claim Process
- Requests for technical support or warranty assistance, should be directed to the distributor from which the unit was purchased.
- If the distributor is unable to provide support, please go to https://zenaire.com/tech-support/ and complete the form.
- Be sure to check our online resources for troubleshooting and error codes by visiting zenaire.com. Locate your model number and then review the manuals and brochures from the document library.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Labor or other costs incurred for diagnosing, repairing, removing, installing, shipping, servicing or handling of either defective parts, or replacement parts, or new units.
- Product cleaning required prior to warranty service and repair.
- Normal maintenance as outlined in the installation and servicing instructions or Owner’s Manual, including filter cleaning and/or replacement and lubrication.
- Damage resulting from failure to use, install or maintain the product in a manner consistent with our recommendations.
- Failure, damage, or repairs due to faulty installation, misapplication, abuse, improper servicing, unauthorized alteration, or improper operation.
- Failure to start due to voltage conditions, blown fuses, open circuit breakers, or damages due to the inadequacy or interruption of electrical service.
- Failure or damage due to floods, winds, fires, lightning, accidents, corrosive environments (rust, etc.) or other conditions beyond the control of the Company.
- Failure or damage of coils or piping due to corrosion on installations within one (1) miles of seacoast or corrosive body.
- Parts not supplied or designated by Company, or damages resulting from their use.
- Products installed outside continental USA.
- Electricity or fuel costs, increases in electricity or fuel costs for any reason whatsoever, including additional or unusual use of supplemental electric heat.
- Any cost to replace, refill or dispose of refrigerant, including the cost of refrigerant.
- Shipping damage or damage as a result of transporting the unit.
- Accessories such as condensate pumps, line sets and so forth are not covered.
- Any special, indirect, or consequential property or commercial damage of any nature whatsoever. Some states or provinces do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTIES:
ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS (INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE) ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, SOME STATES OR PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION LASTS, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES MADE IN THIS WARRANTY ARE EXCLUSIVE AND MAY NOT BE ALTERED, ENLARGED, OR CHANGED BY ANY DISTRIBUTOR, DEALER, OR OTHER PERSON, WHATSOEVER.
Pursuant to the limited warranty terms and conditions, the following Products are covered for the time periods as stated below (“Limited Warranty Period”):
For one (1) year following the Limited Warranty Commencement Date of the Product, Company will replace the condensing unit or heat pump unit if the compressor or condenser coil fails or replace the air handler unit if the evaporator coil fails:
Table 1: One Year Product Replacement Coverage
✓ = If this part fails within the first year, unit qualifies for a full replacement.
(Residential / Multi-Family applications only)
|Compressor||Condenser Coil||Evaporator Coil|
|Split System Air Conditioner||✓||✓|
|Split System Heat Pump||✓||✓|
|Split System Air Handler||✓|
Table 2: Limited Warranty
After one year following the Limited Warranty Commencement Date of the Product, the Company will repair or replace, as applicable, based upon the following:
|SINGLE PHASE OUTDOOR UNITS (Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps):|
BAC, AAC, BHP, AHP
5 Year Parts Limited Warranty
10 Year Compressor & Coil Limited Warranty
5 Year Parts Limited Warranty
10 Year Coil Limited Warranty
5 Year Parts Limited Warranty